- The Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA) is a professional organization with 6,000 members including lawyers, judges, magisterial district judges, legal administrators, and paralegals.
- Chartered in 1870
- Approximately 6,000 members (80% of all lawyers in Allegheny County)
- The Allegheny County Bar Association is committed to serving its members by providing education, advocacy and professional services; promoting equality and diversity among its membership; fostering collegiality; advancing the public image of the profession and the highest standards of professional ethics; supporting and advocating for a fair and effective judicial system that is accessible to every individual regardless of economic status; and exercising leadership on a local, state and national level so as to further these goals.
- Please click here to view a list of our current officers.
Key ACBA Executives
David A. Blaner, Executive Director
Diane McMillen, Assistant Executive Director
- The ACBA oversees more than 60 Committees, Divisions and Sections dealing with legal issues in such areas as entertainment and the arts, adoption law, elder law, construction law, business law and bankruptcy. For a full list, click here.
- The ACBA operates a Lawyer Referral Service, a resource to connect members of the community with the right lawyers for their situations. The phone number is 412-261-5555.
- Judicial ratings for candidates for the Court of Common Pleas are established by the Judiciary Committee of the ACBA. Please click here to visit our judicial ratings page.
- The ACBA offers multiple community programs such as "KD You and the Law," where attorneys volunteer to answer calls from KDKA-TV viewers who have legal questions. For a list of community programs, click here.
- The ACBA has one subsidiary:
The Allegheny County Bar Foundation provides educational programs, promotes public awareness of the legal and judicial systems, renders legal services to low-income clients and provides financial assistance and grants to legal-related organizations.
For more information, contact:
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Director of Communications and Publications
Director, Membership and CLE and Events