ACBA Insurance Program - Advised and Administered by USI Affinity
USI Affinity is the exclusive insurance broker for the Allegheny County Bar Association and one of the leading administrators of bar association insurance programs across the country. With over 60 years of experience in liability insurance and more than 35,000 attorneys insured, USI Affinity has the expertise and market leverage to design comprehensive and innovative insurance and benefits packages for law firms, with unique advantages in coverage, price and service.
As a membership benefit, members have access to the ACBA Insurance Program, providing exclusive insurance and benefit solutions not available to the public.
Lawyers' Professional Liability Insurance
USI Affinity’s exclusive Lawyers’ Professional Liability coverage, features broad LPL coverage tailored to the unique needs of Pennsylvania attorneys and law firms, with competitive rates and exclusive credits for ACBA members.
Policy Coverage Highlights:
- Five-percent credit for ACBA members, on a per attorney basis.
- 7.5-percent risk control credit per attorney for two years after completing a qualifying CNA risk management seminar for policy holders.
- The carrier, CNA, is “A Rated” and the largest underwriter of Lawyers’ Professional Liability Insurance in the United States.
- Comprehensive coverage and policy features are tailored to meet the unique requirements of law firms in Pennsylvania.
- Limits of Liability range from $300,000 up to a maximum of $10 million.
- Policies include full consent to settle and continuity of coverage provisions.
- Extensive risk management programs and materials are available free of charge.
- A 24/7 claim prevention hotline is staffed by experts in Lawyers' Professional Liability.
- Unlimited tail for qualified retiring or non-practicing lawyers is available at no additional charge.
For more information on LPL insurance and to find out what the most important questions to ask are, click here
Workers Compensation Dividend Program
Business Insurance Package
The Hartford’s small business insurance package, Spectrum®, offers top-tier core business coverage, including optional packages like “Super Stretch for Law Offices,” which bundles numerous important coverages – including computers and media, accounts receivable, and valuable papers and records – at a savings compared to what buying them individually would cost.
For further protection, USI Affinity also has access to multiple carriers that offer the following tailored programs for law firms:
- Cyber Liability – This plan helps to protect firms from the cost associated with cyber risks and includes five optional, first-party coverages, most notably privacy notification and crisis management expense. A firm that relies on technology is increasingly vulnerable to potentially costly cyber exposures.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) – EPLI helps protect firms, their executives and employees from employment-related wrongdoing and mitigated EPL exposures through state-of-the-art loss prevention services.
- Directors & Officers (Management Liability) – This program helps protect firms and their directors and officers against exposures associated with the management actions and the decisions of executives.
- Crime – Also referred to as a “fidelity bond,” this program helps protect firms from the costs associated with employee theft and third-party crime. Most carriers can include ERISA bond requirements as well.
- Fiduciary Liability – This program helps protect firms, their benefit plans and their fiduciaries against exposures resulting from breach of fiduciary duty and allegations of errors and omissions in the administration of benefit plans.
- Kidnap & Ransom – These options help to protect against a wide range of expenses associated with kidnapping and extortion incidents, including the cost of optional crisis management services, where permitted.
USI Affinity has partnered with The Hartford to offer ACBA members "Workers' Compensation Coverage and Dividend Program." This group dividend plan, available exclusively to bar association members who purchase their workers’ compensation insurance through USI Affinity, provides comprehensive coverage and a potential dividend based on the performance of the program.
Life, Disability, Business Overhead, Hospital Indemnity AD&D Insurance
We are proud to offer you access to the My Benefit Advisor (MBA) program as your solution for employee benefits. Our MBA program guides employers through the complexity of planning, communicating, and managing employee benefits. We can also help members shop for individual and family health insurance as well as assist in applying for a government subsidy. Learn more
by visiting the MBA portal today.
Long-Term Care Insurance
ACBA members can help protect their families with USI Affinity’s group insurance plan options. The ACBA endorses these plans because they provide a significant amount of protection, and members can request coverage at very competitive rates. *
- Group Term Life Insurance – The ACBA sponsors two group life insurance plans for members, their spouses and employees: The standard renewable Term Life plan, or the 10-year level Term Life plan. Members can choose the amount of coverage that is right for them, up to $1 million.
- Long-Term Disability Income Insurance – A disability could cost an attorney a significant loss of income and are more common than people think – from injuries to more serious conditions (heart disease and cancer). This affordable plan includes “own occupation” protection and pays full benefits even if the policy holder can perform a job other than his or her own. This plan protects members from income loss due to a covered total disability.
- Business Overhead Expense Insurance – This important insurance protection can help keep law firms up-and-running while a policy holder is unable to work due to a disability. This insurance pays actual overhead expenses.
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance – This program can help members pay out-of-pocket expenses if policy holders should ever require hospital care. Many hospital stays generate costs that may not be covered by health insurance alone.
Student Loan Refinancing – get copy from our website
The cost for a private room in a nursing home averaged over $100,000 for 2018, according to Genworth’s Cost of Care study. The ever-rising healthcare and living costs for an aging population has been increasing more than 3% per year.
The reality is only two things will likely cover your care when you need it—either your retirement assets or Long-Term Care Insurance.
With Long-Term Care Insurance, you feel better knowing you planned for quality care. It offers more than just peace of mind for you; your family faces far less emotional and financial burden in deciding the best course for your care.
To learn more, visit the LTC Education Center
Auto, Home and Renters Insurance
Federal and private student loans can be time consuming to manage, as well as come with a high price tag. With SoFi, you can refinance and consolidate your loans with a quick, easy application process.
As a member of the ACBA, you can earn a $300 Welcome Bonus1
when your loan is disbursed. Login to your ACBA account to learn more and apply
Note: Loan consolidation through SoFi may affect your eligibility for federal loan forgiveness programs, including Public Service Loan Forgiveness. You should carefully consider all your options, then decide what best suits your individual situation.
Pet Health Insurance
There are many ways in which ACBA membership can help attorneys protect financial assets. Because of our partnerships, ACBA members can get discounts on Auto, Home and Renters Insurance through Liberty Mutual. Please contact Liberty Mutual at 800-298-3961 or visit https://www.libertymutual.com/acba
ACBA, members are now eligible for a 10-percent discount on Hartville Pet Health Insurance
plans for cats and dogs. Pet insurance helps cover the cost of veterinary bills to allow greater freedom in treatment options and preventative care for pets.
The types of care which can be covered by pet health insurance include:
- Accidents – Pet health insurance can cover injuries and emergencies related to accidents, like broken bones, swallowed objects and bite wounds.
- Illnesses – Pets can be covered for illnesses from ear infections and stomach issues to cancer.
- Advanced care – Coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions, alternative therapies and behavioral issues is available.
- Preventative care – Coverage for services that help prevent health issues, like vaccines and dental cleanings.
To receive a quote, click here
Have specific questions regarding the products mentioned above? Connect with one of our knowledgeable insurance professionals!
USI Affinity built its leadership position on personal service; representatives work closely with law firms to understand their practices, from the risks they face to their benefits and administrative needs. USI Affinity then designs a plan tailored to fit each firm’s individual needs. Thanks to its extensive experience and strong relationships with the country’s most respected insurance companies, USI Affinity has the ability to design customized coverage at competitive prices.
USI Affinity can be contacted at:
2000 Oxford Drive, Suite 520 I Bethel Park, PA 15102
Tel: 412-851-5201 | Mobile: 412-303-9339 | Fax: 610-537-4906
Articles of Interest
USI Affinity - Engagement Letters
USI Affinity is licensed to transact business in all of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
USI Affinity's state of domicile is Pennsylvania. AR Insurance License #325944, CA Insurance License #0G11911
1 To earn the $300 Welcome Bonus, you must apply on the ACBA SoFi Program site by logging in to the ACBA Member Portal. When your loan is funded, you earn $300.
* These insurance programs are underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010 on Policy Form GMR. For more information on this plan, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations and exclusions, call 800-327-1550. New York Life is licensed/authorized to transact business in all of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. New York Life's state of domicile is New York, and NAIC ID# is 66915.