ACBA Employee Positions
In addition to the ACBA Legal Employment Service – which works to connect legal professionals with job opportunities throughout the Pittsburgh region – the Allegheny County Bar Association employs a professional staff, including both attorneys and non-attorneys. Available ACBA career opportunities are below. For more information, contact Juli Marhefka, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Advocate Attorney
The Allegheny County Bar Foundation Juvenile Court Project is accepting applications for the position of Parent Advocate Attorney. A law degree from an ABA accredited law school and active license to practice law in Pennsylvania are required. Courtroom experience and prior family law practice are strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will provide legal representation to indigent clients in dependency proceedings in front of judges and hearing officers in Allegheny County Juvenile Court. The Parent Advocate will be responsible for conducting investigations, researching and preparing pleadings, providing representation at hearings, providing sound counsel to clients and maintaining organized client case files.
Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are a must. Employer is an equal opportunity employer. For consideration, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. No telephone calls please. Deadline for submission is Nov. 30.
Director of Communications and Publications
The Allegheny County Bar Association, a downtown Pittsburgh based professional trade association, is accepting applications for Director of Communications and Publications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing production of the Association’s publications and member communications, using both print and electronic delivery to support and promote the organization’s mission, inform members, and generate revenue.
Major duties of the position include:
- Full production, including production schedule management, content development, editing, and publication design, of two publications: a daily legal journal containing court schedules and public and court notices and a biweekly publication containing substantive legal articles and information on areas of interest to the legal community
- Production and distribution of a weekly member email newsletter
- Solicitation and coordination of advertising for publications and the website
- Participation in the development of the Association’s social media strategy and message
- Supervision of in-house document production and graphic design for all bar publications and programs, ensuring that they meet standards for quality and uniformity and provide the necessary functionality to members and internal departments
This position also serves as staff liaison to several substantive law committees and sections and as back-up for on-call media relations duties. Required attendance at ACBA member functions necessitates some evening availability.
A Bachelor’s degree and prior hands-on publications production and content development experience are required. A graduate degree is preferred. Familiarity with the law or legal profession is a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate must also be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and desktop publishing software and possess strong computer skills. Experience in supervising staff is also required, as is the ability to multitask, prioritize, and adhere to strict deadlines.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No telephone calls please. Deadline for submission is Nov. 25.