The ACBA’s Diversity Initiative was first discussed in 2002 during a meeting of the ACBA’s Managing Partners Forum. Four task forces were assembled as part of this initiative. They included the Law Firm/Law Department Task Force, the Community Outreach Task Force, the Court and Government Agencies Task Force, and the Law School Task Force. After achieving consensus on the major issues, in July 2004, the ACBA, the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Duquesne University School of Law, and over 40 local corporations, government agencies, and law firms signed the Statement of Purpose, Principles, and Objectives for the Diversity Initiative of the ACBA. To read the Statement of Purpose, Principles, and Objectives, click here.
- Asian Attorneys Committee
- Committee on Law and Disablitly
- Diversity Collaborative Committee
- Hispanic Attorneys Committee
- Homer S. Brown Division
- LGBT Rights Committee
- Women in the Law Division
- Young Lawyers Division Committee
- Summer Clerkship Program
- To view past issues of the Diverse Pittsburgh newsletter, click here.
- To view the Today’s Attorney Diversity Issue, click here.
- Corporate Equity & Inclusion roundtable press conference
- For more information and to contact the Director of Diversity and Gender Equality, click here.