Military and Veterans Affairs Committee
This Committee serves as a focal point for all civilian and military attorneys practicing in Allegheny County.
The Committee shall:
- Study legal issues affecting military personnel and veterans and educate the bar on pressing legal matters.
- Compile a comprehensive list of military and veterans assistance programs that are presently available to enlisted military personnel and their family members and veterans.
- Support important legislative proposals involving military personnel and veterans.
- Support the ACBA's Military Personnel Pro Bono Project and work to develop other programs to enhance the legal services provided to active, reserve, and National Guard military service members, retirees, veterans, and their families.
- Coordinate referral lists of ACBA members willing to provide legal assistance for military personnel.
- Interact with all local, state, and federal agencies that provide assistance to active military personnel and their families and veterans for the express purpose of advancing and improving legal services.
- Interact with the newly-formed PBA Military and Veterans Affairs Committee, the ABA/PBA Legal Assistance for Military Personnel (LAMP) programs, and other county bar associations for the purpose of assisting enlisted military personnel and veterans, and their families with their legal issues.