For Attorneys: How to Join the Lawyer Referral Service or Pittsburgh Lawyer Finder
Join the Lawyer Referral Service
The Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) is a service designed to assist the people of Pittsburgh and western Pennsylvania in locating lawyers for specific types of legal matters. Clients can be referred by telephone, mail, or the Internet. The LRS operates by matching potential clients to a member of the Lawyer Referral attorney panel. LRS will refer the client to a private attorney with whom he/she may consult for up to 30 minutes. After the brief consultation the client and the attorney decide whether or not the attorney will be retained to provide additional services at the attorney's regular rates.
Each year, thousands of clients are referred to the LRS member attorneys. ACBA members may join the Lawyer Referral Service panel for a nominal fee and have access to the referrals.
The ACBA Lawyer Referral Service meets American Bar Association standards for lawyer referral services.
Your completed Lawyer Referral Service application must include the following:
- Completed Lawyer Referral Service application and Membership agreement
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
- Membership fee (see application form for details)
If you wish to join any of the panels, you must submit a completed experience panel application form for each panel chosen. To receive a Lawyer Referral Service application, call 412-261-5555 or download the applicable forms in PDF format below.
For assistance contact Whitney Hughes at 412-261-5555 or email@example.com.
Sign up now for a great price, two areas of law per subscription.
Pittsburgh Lawyer Finder is:
- Online attorney listings, exclusive to ACBA members
- Focused on connecting consumers with local attorneys
- $150/month, per attorney, for listing up to 2 practice areas, with no minimum contracts
- Ten pages of attorney information per listing available
- Multiple exposures and featured spots for listed attorneys at no additional cost
- No visual clutter or outside advertising
- A legal tool kit with user-friendly navigation and consumer-friendly information