Member Services and Events Manager
The Allegheny County Bar Association is accepting applications for the position of Member Services and Events Manager. The successful candidate will work with our staff and membership to carryout the events of the Bar Association and assists with membership projects and programs.
Major duties of the position include:
- Assures proper space, food and beverage, and equipment arrangements are made for our meetings, speakers, and programs.
- Works with event budgets, negotiates and executes contracts
- Assists with the publicity, registration and execution of a variety of events
- Serves as liaison to the Young Lawyers Division and other committees
- Assists with the planning and execution of the annual Bench Bar Conference
- Assists with member recruitment and retention campaigns, the administration and expansion of member benefits, and other projects of the Membership Department
Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, a high energy level, and a passion for customer service are a must. Extensive experience in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to multitask are required. A college degree (Associates or Bachelors) is preferred. Previous experience in event planning and familiarity with downtown Pittsburgh venues and vendors is a plus. Position is fulltime with some evening availability required.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Email resume and cover letter to the human resource coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please. Deadline for submission is January 15, 2018.