Foundation Projects and Programs Manager
The Allegheny County Bar Foundation, a downtown Pittsburgh based charitable foundation, is the driving force in promoting justice for all and improving the community through public service law-related programs. The foundation raises, manages and distributes funds, encourages and assists lawyers to provide pro bono legal services, and develops and supports public service initiatives.
We are now accepting applications for the full-time position of Projects and Programs Manager. This position plans and executes the Foundation’s events and programs and works to achieve annual and long-range funding goals for the organization.
Major duties of the position include:
- Planning and executing the Foundation’s events, including the annual golf tournament and silent auction, by selecting and negotiating with venues and adhering to event budgets.
- Working to achieve annual and long range funding goals through campaigns, programs, sponsorships, and events.
- Managing fellows program by assisting with the identification of candidates for recognition, planning annual events, and overseeing donation record keeping.
- Planning educational programing by assisting with topic and speaker selection.
- Implementing a comprehensive donor recognition program.
Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Special consideration will be given to candidates with a Juris Doctor degree or who have worked in the legal field.
- At least 5 years of prior project management experience in a non-profit setting and a successful track record of donor relations and fundraising. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to move between and prioritize tasks.
- Strong professional oral and written communication skills -The Projects and Programs Manager has extensive contact with Bar Association members and the general public and also writes letters, articles, and reports regularly.
- Strong computer skills, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as database experience. Because the position uses both association membership and donation tracking software, the ability to quickly learn new software packages is a must. Donor software experience is a plus. The ideal candidate should also have prior experience working with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Financial management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to solicit, direct, and motivate volunteers.
For more information on the Bar Foundation, please visit www.acbf.org.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please. Deadline for submission is April 15, 2018.
Web and Digital Marketing Specialist
The Allegheny County Bar Association, a downtown Pittsburgh based professional trade association, is accepting applications for the full-time position of Web and Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Development and upkeep of websites (including SEO) for the Allegheny County Bar Association and Allegheny County Bar Foundation.
- Coordination of all ACBA e-mail marketing, including e-newsletters, targeted e-blasts and master e-marketing calendar.
- Coordination of social media, including content development, scheduling, and posting.
- Tracking and analyzing web and social media performance/metrics using Google Analytics and/or other platforms.
- Taking photographs at events, writing photo cutlines and organizing digital photo library.
- Contributing to the development of new digital/multimedia offerings and platforms.
- Assisting with the Association’s overall marketing efforts.
A two- or four-year degree in web development, web design, interactive media, digital communications, multimedia design or similar field, with at least one year of work experience is preferred. Comparable work experience may be considered. The position requires experience in web coding and web-database interface. The position also requires excellent oral and written communication skills, and a willingness and ability to stay current on latest web and interactive media trends.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone calls please. Deadline for submission is April 23, 2018.