PRO BONO CENTER LEGAL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
The Pro Bono Center of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation is seeking a fulltime Legal Programs Coordinator to support services to individuals with low incomes in need of free legal help. The Coordinator will work with the Pro Bono Center Director to engage in outreach to the legal community to increase visibility, leverage resources, develop relationships, and enhance services to clients.
The ACBF Pro Bono Center provides direct legal representation and advice to individuals with low incomes and also supports volunteer attorneys by providing education, training, and recognition.
- Communicate with member organizations to identify areas of need for both clients and volunteers
- Interact with members of the public seeking legal assistance, provide information, and screen for eligibility for services
- Maintain support systems for volunteers including online legal research, forms, and CLE credits
- Maintain client and volunteer information in databases, monitor status of cases assigned to volunteer attorneys, and prepare reports
- Assist in planning volunteer education, recruitment, and recognition, and fundraising events
- Develop print and electronic materials to advance the mission of the Pro Bono Center
A bachelor’s degree is preferred, however candidates with a demonstrated history of relevant work experience will also be considered. Strong oral and written communication skills, computer and database skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines are also required.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No telephone calls please. Deadline for submission is Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021.