The ACBA has established a procedure for resolution of fee disputes by binding arbitration. A committee of attorneys who volunteer their time are available to arbitrate fee disputes between clients and attorneys.
To qualify for arbitration through the Special Fee Determination Committee, the following standards must be met:
- The amount in dispute must be between $1,000.00 and $25,000.00.
- The Attorney against whom the Petitioner is filing the complaint must be a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
- If the Petitioner is an Attorney, that attorney must be a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
- All information submitted must be complete and in the format provided by the Rules and Procedures.
You can download the new Rules and Procedures to review prior to filing any type of dispute.
- Rules and procedures of the Special Fee Determination Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association
- Request to arbitrate — Petition and data sheet
- Agreement to submit to Common Law Arbitration
For additional information on this service, or to file a complaint, please contact Juli Marhefka at 412-402-6621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.