Lawyers are supposed to practice law, right? But all too often, attorneys find themselves spending more and more time managing the business aspects of their practices instead of spending that time practicing law. And you can’t bill a client for the time you spend on administrative tasks and managing your practice.
Our Law Practice Management Center is design to offer you tips, articles and other resources designed to help you run your practice more efficiently … free up more time for you to practice law.
- Avoid being sued when collecting legal fees
- Credit card mythbusting: Four reasons law firms still resist online payments
- Seize your budget’s powerful potential
- Forecasting – A tool for managing financial uncertainty
- Do you trust yourself with trust accounting?
- How lawyers are optimizing cash flow and workflow
- How to develop a rockstar team
- Law firm billing – It can be simpler
- The profit potential of paralegals
- Power Position: The six financial reports your law firm needs monthly
- Reminders and resources for law firms during the COVID-19 pandemic
- The no-fail formula for knowing who to hire when
- What is contemporaneous time entry worth to your law firm?
- When is the best time to prepare for a disaster?
Insurance and Liability
- CNA professional liability fact sheet: Family law
- Preventing misconduct and reducing liability risk in organizations
- Looking ahead at the future of Lawyers’ Professional Liability Coverage
Marketing and Client Relations
- Limited scope representation: The importance of drafting detailed retainer agreements
- Your real brand may not be what you think
- How to differentiate your firm from your competitors
- Making online reviews work for your firm
- Accelerating the drive to work smarter
- You’ve decided to go out on your own. Now what?
- Former ABA President discusses burdens of running a law firm
Technology and IT
- A.I.-assisted legal research is here (and it’s probably cheaper than what you’re paying now)
- Microsoft Teams – How to smartly use a powerful collaboration tool
- How website chat helps lawyers win more clients with fewer interruptions
- Profitability Measurement Tool
- Can an engagement letter protect you from cyber-related liability?
- How to prepare for a Skype interview
- Remote online notarization in Pa. during COVID-19
- Working remotely: Three tips for law firm success
- Will COVID-19 change data visualization adoption in complex disputes?
- Understanding data analytics can improve your efficiency
Time Management and Efficiency
- How Attorneys Get More Done in Less Time
- The three tools law firms need to survive and thrive
- Time management challenge solo practices must overcome
- Formula 168: How lawyers create the life they want
- Practical planning lessons from 2020
- Simpler ways to improve partner on-time meeting attendance and time entry