The ACBA Sidebar is the official e-newsletter of the bar association. It is distributed each Thursday to all members who have e-mail addresses on file with the association (does not include those who have opted out). The Sidebar is packed with information on upcoming events, informational blurbs, member benefits information and more.
Members can also view recent editions of the Sidebar online at the bottom of this page (members must be logged in).
Have questions about Sidebar? To have an item considered for publication, for editorial questions or for information sponsoring an edition of the Sidebar, contact Brian Knavish, Director of Marketing and Media Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-402-6620.
Sidebar Editorial Policy
- Information for the ACBA Sidebar must be received on the Monday before the Sidebar in which the author wishes his/her information to appear. It is the author’s responsibility to make sure his/her story arrives by the deadline.
- Space is limited. Submissions are subject to these limitations.
- Only announcements for events or programs of the Allegheny County Bar Association, events co-sponsored by the Allegheny County Bar Association, and court or government notices will be published.
- However, the editors reserve the right to select, reject, and edit information at our sole discretion.
- Due to the heavy volume of requests, notices may only run twice in the Sidebar. These notices cannot run in consecutive weeks.
- The editors reserve the right to edit announcements for length and clarity.
- The author assures the information submitted is his/her own original work and is not under any legal restriction for publication (i.e. previous copyright ownership).
- The author assumes full responsibility for checking all names, titles, dates, and facts for information submitted.
- The ACBA holds all rights for publication (including publication on the Internet) and all reprint rights. Information published in the ACBA Sidebar may not be republished, resold, recorded, or used in any manner, in whole or in part, without the permission of the publishers.
- Authors must submit information via e-mail to email@example.com.