In 2022, the Program saw a record shattering 85 student applicants from seven law schools and was able to place 47 students from five law schools across 44 employers. With growth comes increased costs and an even greater opportunity to positively shape the careers of budding young lawyers and increase the diversity of Pittsburgh’s legal community on a broader scale. The Program is making several adjustments to expand with the needs and opportunities presented. Among these changes are the implementation of cohort-building technologies, greater immersion in the ACBA through student memberships, increased enrichment and social activities, and showcasing some of the best that the Pittsburgh region has to offer. Events and outings are being planned to encourage students to fall in love with Pittsburgh and ultimately join our bar locally. Any region’s greatest assets are its people, and students will network with employers and diverse attorneys to help form a community to support them after graduation and establish roots in the area.
A number of benefits are available for sponsors of the Summer Clerkship Program, including but not limited to: Prominent display of logo on SCP website, on SCP t-shirt, signage at SCP events, inclusion in press releases, speaking opportunities, complimentary event registrations, recognition in printed materials, branded merchandise placement and more.
Please contact Kellie Ware at firstname.lastname@example.org if you interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities.
- Information for Students
- Information for Employers
- Information for Sponsors
- May 2022 Lawyers Journal article on Summer Clerkship Program
- New Pittsburgh Courier: The quest to get more Black attorneys in Pittsburgh, July 18, 2022
- May 2021 Lawyers Journal article on Summer Clerkship Program
- Despite COVID-19, summer clerkship, program enjoys another successful year
- SCP to attract more diverse students to Pittsburgh
- Sept. 2018 ACBA President’s Message on Summer Clerkship Program